Pumpkin Seed Hummus (Raw Vegan)
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds, soaked
- 1 cup chopped cucumber, optional
- 1 cup chopped zucchini, optional
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander seed
- 2 teaspoons kelp powder
- 3/4 cup water
- 2½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice, optional
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seed oil
- 1 tablespoon Bragg Liquid Aminos or Nama Shoyu
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid stevia extract, optional
- In a strong blender, combine all ingredients. Blend well until very smooth. You will need to use a spatula or blender plunger to keep the mixture moving in the blender.
- Season to taste and serve.
- Optional Add-ins: ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, ½ cup chopped scallion, 1 cup chopped fresh herbs of your choice.
- Alternate Version: Sunny Hummus. Substitute 2 cups sunflower seeds, soaked, for the pumpkin seeds. Substitute 2 tablespoons raw sesame tahini for the pumpkin seed oil.
Pumpkin Seed Hummus (Raw Vegan) recipe.
Meal Plans & Recipes
Fancy a new recipe to try? Discover a variety of delicious vegan recipes including our "world famous" Hippocrates Green Juice recipe!
Looking for a plant-based immune system boost? Vitamin D can be found in mushrooms! According to a study published in the Journal of Investigative Medicine in 2011 “Vitamin D can modulate the innate and adaptive immune responses. ” We hope you enjoy this healthy and delicious way to get your vitamins today.
Enjoy our sprouted chickpea hummus and you will also reap the benefits of living food enzymes, increased digestibility, and plant-based protein.
Everyone goes crazy at Raw Fest for our Banana “Nice Cream” with our simply perfect Date Carob Sauce. When you freeze bananas and then put them through an auger press juicer (using the blank attachment), you will create a tasty alternative to ice cream that is just as thick and creamy as the cow’s milk-based variety!
Kimchi is low in fat and high in fiber and even better when you make it yourself! To top it all off, an easy low fat dressing can be made by simply putting your kimchi in the blender and blending till smooth.
You could say we are a little crazy about our green juice here at Hippocrates. We drink it twice a day and believe our recipe offers the perfect balance of nutrients and flavor.
Happy being vegan but miss your favorite dressing? Try our vegan friendly No Honey Mustard Dressing as a dip, dressing, and all around fantastic condiment!
Filling, rich, creamy, and fully raw vegan. Enjoy our recipe for these sumptuous mushrooms as is, or warm right out of your dehydrator.
Directions to make our Raw Broccoli Better-Than-Cheddar Soup. It is possible to heat food and still keep it raw, just remember 115 Degrees is your top temperature.