Walnut Tacos with Red Pepper Corn Salsa
- Taco “Meat”:
- 3 C. walnuts, soaked and dehydrated
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 2 T. chili powder
- 1 tsp. Bragg’s Aminos*Optional
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- Red Pepper Corn Salsa:
- 2 red bell peppers, finely diced
- 1 C. fresh corn
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 1 T. lemon juice
- ½-1 C. fresh cilantro, chopped
- Bragg’s Aminos, dulse or kelp to taste
- Taco “Meat”: Combine all ingredients in a food processor.
- Process by pulsing until the desired texture is achieved.
- Season to taste.
- To Make a Taco: Use a romaine lettuce leaf for a soft shell taco or a collard green for a hard shell taco.
- Add some taco meat, red pepper corn salsa and fresh cilantro (or other toppings like shredded carrot, scallion, chopped onion, hot sauce, shredded lettuce, etc.).
- Fold or roll and serve.
- Red Pepper Corn Salsa: Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Season to taste.
- Let stand at least 30 minutes before serving.
Looking for an easy delicious recipe to make at home? Try our famous Tacos with Red Pepper Corn Salsa!
Meal Plans & Recipes
Fancy a new recipe to try? Discover a variety of delicious vegan recipes including our "world famous" Hippocrates Green Juice recipe!
Looking for a plant-based immune system boost? Vitamin D can be found in mushrooms! According to a study published in the Journal of Investigative Medicine in 2011 “Vitamin D can modulate the innate and adaptive immune responses. ” We hope you enjoy this healthy and delicious way to get your vitamins today.
Enjoy our sprouted chickpea hummus and you will also reap the benefits of living food enzymes, increased digestibility, and plant-based protein.
Everyone goes crazy at Raw Fest for our Banana “Nice Cream” with our simply perfect Date Carob Sauce. When you freeze bananas and then put them through an auger press juicer (using the blank attachment), you will create a tasty alternative to ice cream that is just as thick and creamy as the cow’s milk-based variety!
Kimchi is low in fat and high in fiber and even better when you make it yourself! To top it all off, an easy low fat dressing can be made by simply putting your kimchi in the blender and blending till smooth.
You could say we are a little crazy about our green juice here at Hippocrates. We drink it twice a day and believe our recipe offers the perfect balance of nutrients and flavor.
Happy being vegan but miss your favorite dressing? Try our vegan friendly No Honey Mustard Dressing as a dip, dressing, and all around fantastic condiment!
Filling, rich, creamy, and fully raw vegan. Enjoy our recipe for these sumptuous mushrooms as is, or warm right out of your dehydrator.
Directions to make our Raw Broccoli Better-Than-Cheddar Soup. It is possible to heat food and still keep it raw, just remember 115 Degrees is your top temperature.